Monday, May 21, 2007

Timbaworld

I guess Timbaland has become the new Pharell. Everything he touches seems to turn to gold. Although I don’t really care for his work with more hip-hop oriented artists like Aaliyah or Missy Elliot [‘Sock It To Me’ and ‘Work It’ being the exceptions]. His collaborations with pop-princes and princesses mostly work. Timberlake’s 'Sexyback' and Nelly Furtado’s 'Maneater' ruled the dance floors last summer. But he really surprised me with the two tracks he did with Björk (the infectious single 'Earth Intruders' and the aggressive 'Innocence'). I guess it’s because the songs are still Björks’ at the core.



Now he’s managed to do it again. Timbaland recently released his new solo-album Presents: Shock Value and granted, the next single ‘Throw It On Me’ with The Hives is nice but nowhere near as good as ‘Time’. I first heard it playing in a clothes store and didn’t know what it was, but as soon as I heard that typically dark voice I knew it had to be She Wants Revenge. Although it is officially a Timbaland featuring SWR song it sounds more like a SWR song.

Timbaland featuring She Wants Revenge - Time

And the infectious Bjork single Earth Intruders.

No comments: