Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Cucumber-time

Summer of 2007. As we speak I’m about to leave home to go working. I’m afraid of depths, as I do not dare to look up. The sky is lacking any kind of natural sense whatsoever, I mean, this year’s official summer anthem is called Umbrella(-a-a-é-é-é) for God’s sake!

With fellow critics Choquolage and Stefansa I have been travelling Spain a couple of weeks ago. Musicwise I can’t say it has been much of an inspiration. Cucumber-time, as we call silly season in Dutch, has finally arrived, but better times will come shortly. Pukkelpop is on it’s way and will be honoured with a special Ulkedoof visit. A delegation consisting of four of our finest music reviewers will make or break swallow or puke any live performance and accordingly determine your taste in music for at least the next half a year.

I’m guessing the first Pukkelpop reviews will be posted approximately two weeks from now. For the meantime, some personal anthems that made my summer bearable:

ChromeoFancy Footwork (Guns ‘n’ Bombs Remix)

BattlesDdiamondd

The CribsMen’s Needs (CSS Remix)

Bonde do RolêDivine Gosa

Biffy ClyroFolding Stars

and, finally…

Malle Pietje and the Bimbos - Tienerhoer (Seymour Bits Remix)

1 comment:

Choquolage said...

Apparently the lyrics for 'Tienerhoer' are a word-for-word translation of some old Hole song. I'm very curious about the song now.