Monday, December 24, 2007

Jetzt hat Abfahrt im Gleis 3...


As the year is nearly over, I thought it would be nice to pay attention to a country which is not Canada or Sweden. As the nicest Kulturell-thematierten Abenden I've had (the Canadian was a bit of a let down) was a German one, and for various personal reasons :-), the country of choice is Germany. I'll keep it slightly on topic and will not talk about the second world war.

Let's start with an artist who kind of needs the attention: Bodo Boson - I think he's also in a grindcore band and a "normal" band but I like this style best so far. I've got it straight from the horse's mouth that there will be an album this spring!

After the World Cup in 2006 there was not a single person in the Netherlands who could not, at the least, hum along to 'Wenn es Passiert' (video). But I like Denkmal a lot better, as it involves smashing things with hammers.

One of my favourite concerts letztens Jahres gab's in Paradiso - Mediengruppe Telekommander! It was at the end of a German-themed evening (see above); I'd seen them before but this knocked my socks off! After a change-over-Pausen the German Beastie Boys (they don't like the title, but they are) came back in komplette Daft-Punk outfitts to play Bis Zum Erbrechen Schreien (video/audio).

Daft Punk brings me nicely to the last German band I want to mention - the Knark Relloem Trinity. Here's hoping 2008 brings a lot of good stuff to you all, and a cover of Knarf Rellom Trinity ist playing at my house by Daft Punk!

One last: Element of Crime - you don't know this band but it's as good as Jacques Brel; nur auf Deutsch...

No comments: