Saturday, December 1, 2007

Let The Inlets In!

Sometimes you find an album that feels to be made personally for you. The Vestibule EP of Inlets is such a record for me. Inlets is Sebastian Krueger, who also plays guitars, clarinets and bells and sings falsetto in My Brightest Diamond. This time Sebastian is accompanied among others by Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond and Marla Hansen, who are both also playing with Sufjan Stevens. The names of his friends tell something about the music, but it is still rather unique. There is the banjo of Sufjan Stevens, the falsetto of My Brightest Diamond, the loops of Steve Reich, the folk of Marla Hansen, but also a lot of his own. The sphere of the Vestibule EP is intimate and special. I can still listen to it daily, a year after getting to know the music. There are close harmonies on this record, layered upon Fender Rhodes, banjo and guitars. Sparsely drums, bells, violins and clarinets are played. Everything was recorded in the bedroom, but it sounds extremely warm and close. Maybe you should download the EP for free and let yourself be overwhelmed in a positive way. Watch out: when you let it in, it won't go out!
You can also watch cool boat performances on blogotheque!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Erg tof idd! Ken hem al nu al bijna een jaar, danzij de blogpost van Marco Raaphorst: http://www.marcoraaphorst.nl/index.php?s=inlets

david said...

Downloaded this, and I liked it much.

Since you dropped the name of the Great Sufjan Stevens: do download the movie "Danielson, A Family Movie" and mindfully watch it. A real good portrait of Danielson (a genius himself) with a role for Sufjan, playing himself, at his first shows. A very good thing to see!

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices as regards the shoes are approximately 220 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular brand. The prices for the sneakers are around 310 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices for the boots are about 350 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.