Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just catching up to 2005...

Since 2008 is sooo 2007 (so far), here's a list of albums I wished I'd listened to more in 2006, even though they came out in 2005. Linking to relevant links is left as exercise to the reader (or Choquolage :)

10. We Are Wolves - Non-Stop Je Te Plie En Deux. Just brilliant. It's a mix of electro-pop and Monster Magnet. Note to self: must write review of their new record! Okay, I'm cheating - I just got this in 2007.

9. Wir Sind Helden - Von Hier An Blind. Fitba? Que'st que ce que ca?

8. M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us. You can never be too paranoid.

7. Modeselektor - Hello Mom! Three years on, this will stiil make you bounce around like a very bouncing ball indeed.

6. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - S/T. Key track: Upon A Tidal Wave Of Young Blood.

5. Put something you like here, and keep the rest unchanged, hmm?

4. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment. Huh, what's this one doing here? Well, this might be the one record that got me out of my old listeninng habits - pop question: in January 2006, when faced with the question between completing your backcatalogue of Eels and this, what do you do? Answer: both!

3. Tom McRae - All Maps Welcome. The Bishop of Mope might be close to a promotion to
Archbishop. (He's blown it with his next record, though; though it's still nice!)

2. The Russian Futurists - Our Thickness. Mumblin' stumblin' over all the words I'm wordin' it must be the Bourbon, I should stop now otherwise I'm going to mention Panda Bear (and that's definitely a 2007 record, oooh boy)

1. Metric - Live It Out. Because of this record, I traveled to Cologne and London, where in the day-before-the-actual-show I got to know Buck 65 and Holy Fuck! And it never gets old!

No comments: