Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Feist

I first heard her voice on Broken Social Scene’s self titled sophomore album in 2004.

This version is really from the B-Side album but you know what I mean: Lover’s Spit (Piano Version)


Then her voice turned up on Kings of Convenience’s Riot on an Empty Street on two songs.

On this one for example: Know How


Then her modest chansonnière-ish masterpiece Let It Die ruled my winter in 2005.

Especially her hit in this remix: Mushaboom (The Postal Service Remix)


And even with all the anticipation her follow up The Reminder blew me away. Which could’ve been enough. But now she keeps astounding with her choice in remixers.

The first single got electrofied (and got a dirty vocoder): My Moon, My Man (Boys Noize Remix)

This weird albumtrack got more funky: Sea Lion Woman (Chromeo Remix)

But this latest one is just incredible, Van She did it before (the remix they did for Klaxons most notably) and does it again. This ultra sweet song (penned by New Buffalo by the way) complete with horns and choirs gets the French Disco treatment:

1 2 3 4 (Van She Technologic Remix)

No comments: