Sunday, June 24, 2007

Suffer in anything but silence

I had been wanting to see The Frames for a while now but for some reason never did. Yesterday they played in Utrecht and this time I let nothing stand in my way. The Frames (sometimes called ‘Dublin’s other rock band’) have quite a reputation as a live band. So, was it everything I hoped it would be? Well, as good as the music was that’s how bad the crowd was!

I know that a lot of people simply wanted a rock show but couldn’t they just suffer in silence during the slower songs? I like an enthusiastic crowd but not at the cost of the music. And if you feel the unstoppable need to keep moving could you at least try not to touch me! And to the girls in the back, nobody asked you to annoy us with your fancy claps each song, and their certainly was no need to shout or sing the entire time!

Peaches - Rock Show (mp3)
The Frames – Suffer in Silence (mp3)
The Frames – The Cost (myspace)
Kate Bush – Moving (mp3)
The Hot Stewards – Touch Me (Samantha Fox cover) (mp3)
White Rose Movement – Girls in the Back (hugo Nicholson Bad Birthday Mix) (mp3)
Wolf Parade – Fancy Claps (video)
Architecture in HelsinkiNeed to Shout (Mocky Remix) (mp3)
Dresden Dolls – Sing (video)

No comments: