Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bad metaphor/good metaphor

You be the judge:

Of Montreal: Gronlandic Edit

‘Let's fall back to earth and do something pleasant
We fell back to earth like gravity's bitches
(Physics makes us all its bitches)’

Katie Melua: If You Were A Sailboat
‘If you were a house I would live in you all my days’

Cold War Kids: Hang Me Up To Dry
‘Now hang me up to dry
You wrung me out
too too too many times’

Katie Melua: If You Were A Sailboat
‘If you were a river I would swim you’

Toranja: Carta
‘É que hoje acordei e lembrei-me
Que sou mago e feiticeiro

Que a minha bola de cristal é folha de papel

E nela te pinto nua

Nua, numa chama

Minha e tua’

['Today when I woke up I remembered
That I’m a magician and an enchanter
That my crystal ball is a piece of paper
And on it I paint you naked
Naked, in a flame
Yours and mine']

Katie Melua: If You Were A Sailboat
'If you were a piece of wood I’d nail you to the floor'

WorthyNonsense: [Unreleased]
'Katie Melua, if you were a musician I’d burn your house, drain your river and nail the piece of wood in question to your glottis.'

Of Montreal - Gronlandic Edit (mp3)
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up Tp Dry (mp3)
Toranja - Carta (video)

3 comments:

Choquolage said...

Katie would 'live in him' and 'nail him'? She's gone totally Nelly Furtado on us! I'm starting to wonder if those nine million bicycles are a metaphor for her bed-partners or something.

WorthyNonsense said...

To quote Megan Mullally in almost every Will&Grace episode: "she should be killed".

She's up there with Phil Collins and Jon Bon Jovi if you know what I mean...

Choquolage said...

Well...Phil Collins is in a league of his own if you know what I mean.