Monday, October 15, 2007

Or, to quote Loffe: "Lökkerisirruuunogakohoma!"

So, who needs music that sounds like people would actually enjoy it out of their free will? Music you can imagine people listening to in the car, on the bus or in the supermarket while looking for the prettiest broccoli?



I sure don't. And it so happens that the Swedish comedian Loffe has made a song, years ago (in 1975, in fact), which I can't imagine anyone listening to. Ever. That's the beauty of it. 'Mdssan' has got everything I need in a song: A crazyperson singing high, singing low, playing the piano like a crazyperson does and laughing maniacally during the finale. Oh, and there's a choir. You heard me right. A choir. I'll give it a steady 8.5 on my personal Crazy Music Meter with a scale from one to ten ('Mdssan' is crazier than a swingdance version of Kate Bush's 'Wuthering Heights' - which got an 8 -, but not as crazy as a rusty robot singing Stevie Wonder's 'Part-Time Lover' - which will never be topped.), so it's quite crazy. However, since we all know the greatest music in the world comes from Sweden, and Loffe has jammed frequently with Jimi Hendrix, 'Mdssan' is PC, too. Try to listen to it while looking for the prettiest broccoli. You might bring home an artichoke, instead.


Loffe - Mdssan (mp3)

7 comments:

Choquolage said...

A big hearty welcome! *throws flowers, confetti, rice and random vegetables*

Choquolage said...

Yoe sneak you! You changed your weekly obsession! I demand you link the first one here, it sounded quite intruiging.

Wiegertje said...

Well, if you would just click the link on Wuthering Heights in this post, I trust you'll be satisfied.

Choquolage said...

I'm gonna wait till i'm home and can have sound as well as video. Can't wait.

WorthyNonsense said...

I've been obsessed with Swedish music lately... Thermostatic, Säkert!, Robyn, Love Is All, [Ingenting]... Though I Have to admit I bought broccolis to each and every one of them...

Marten Mantel said...

Meer stukjes over Iron & Wine graag!

Choquolage said...

Marten: I feel one coming up pretty soon.

Wiegertje: The Wuthering Heights video made me cry a little. Well, almost at least (haven't cried since 1982).