Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nostrils

Oh dear, oh dear.

So much nice new music to write about - The Octopus Project + Black Moth Super Rainbow, anyone? Also, why doesn't anyone like The New Young Pony Club except when you've seen the keyboard girl?

So much old music to get to know! (Guided by Voices! Songtitles like "Kicker Of Elves" and "Tractor Rape Chain"! A lot better than I had expected! And a nice book, too (see Hera's last obsession))

So much current goings-on! (Of Montreal coming to the Netherlands! Modest Mouse shouldn't have been so modest - they've got Johnny Fucking Marrrrrr! Oh yeah, Control is coming out next week!)

Why, O why, is it then that I can only listen to mid-90s-a-like noise at the moment?

It started off with http://ulkedoof.blogspot.com/2007/09/rockethouse-was-its-elementary-dear-my.html
but then a fellow co-blogger had to 1-up me by posting the following http://ulkedoof.blogspot.com/2007/09/tap-supersonic-fuzz-gun.html.

All that got me back to Ride and Mudhoney and J&MC and looking forward to Asobi Seksu playing in Amsterdam. Maps wasn't exactly noise, but it was kind-of-My-Bloody-Valentinish.

That's awesome! Break those eardrums! But on second listen, I don't see how APTBS could claim the title of 'Loudest Band in New York' - them mp3s all sound the same loud to me :-) .

Err, the youtube videos also look and sound all the same to me.

There is only one way to settle this: let them both play in the Netherlands - I'll stand in the middle - and whichever band gets me to put earplugs up my nostrils first, wins.

Disclaimer: I have been to a Motorhead concert, so my hearing may have been damaged!

3 comments:

Ruben said...

Did you went to Maps??? How was it? I wanted to go, but it was on a f*cking saturday, so it would have cost me claws full of money...(Nijmegen - A'dam by train isn't cheap).

By the way, I hope to post something about some old 90's/00
's shoegaze band in the near future.

Choquolage said...

You want more shoegaze? Try Alcian Blue which Ruben tipped me of to last week (it was his obsession). All you need is an oversized shirt and you're back in the nineties.

WorthyNonsense said...

Of Montreal visiting Holland... There is a God. "But which one, which one do I choose?"